Monday, October 5, 2009

Lately

Lately Owen has been really going through a rough patch. He is almost three now and just entering the “ I found out I have free will ” phase. Plus he rarely takes naps anymore which exasperates the situation because a tired Owen is a sight to marvel at in and of its self and adding the toughies to the tired is well… (Sigh). So I have been really just moving from one lesson about natural consequences to another with little time to spare for anything else.

I really wish that I could take times from my past and cut and paste them into times now… I feel like I really need those three and a half months in Italy now. I needed it then too (for totally different reasons) of course. But I sure would enjoy it now as well. Even a really nice weeklong road/ camping trip would be fun.


But apparently every parent goes through this stage (save those w/nanny’s). Every one seems to be alive and even normal after this process as well, which I am still boggled by. I am still getting over the whole newborn trauma. But in truth I know I have had it pretty easy thus far. Now I am experiencing life the way it honestly should be with a healthy and normally developing child. And those are all things to be grateful for. So I am grateful and tired at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment