Thursday, December 15, 2011

5

Owen,
Yesterday you turned 5! I can hardly believe that 5 years have come and gone already... words actually fail me. You are so big now. You are a real live boy no more preschooler left in you and all vestiges of babyhood long passed.




This was your cake. you were really impressed...which is funny because it was a monumental flop. The cake was vanilla with mostly chocolate frosting(I had to add some left over colored butter cream to fill in when i ran out of chocolate). You loved the effect and specifically asked for the number 5 to be on there.




We had the 3rd annual cookie frosting party... this year only a few of the kids did the frosting...and I am left with a giant bag full of cookies the neighbors will be getting soon. Owen you loved eating the butter cream frosting. That's about all you did with the whole cookie bit this year...next year we will try a new theme.

We saved our presents for you until the evening and you were really excited about all of them. I always have such a bitter sweet feeling about giving you gifts... bitter because I always wish it could be more but sweet because you don't even know or care that you have not received a lot. I am glad that you are so easy to please and that you have such a great capacity for joy.




This picture is blurry... but so is life sometimes... this year has literally whirled by me. I find it so hard to accept that your 5 and that I have had you for this huge amount of time and yet I am still getting to know you. You are still my sweet natured little boy. You have compassion for those who are hurt and needy. Owen you have a very gentle spirit and you are kind and loving to everyone around you. You are also always moving and there is honestly constantly some sound effect coming out of your mouth. I fear that the days of snuggle ups on the couch are nearing there end and that someday soon you may even decide kissing me is gross(please never feel this way...). I am treasuring every last drop of your littleness because it is disappearing before my eyes as the new big, independent you is emerging. I love that your growing and changing but it hurts a little too. I still remember the feel of your warm baby body so sweet and tiny in my arms. I am even more in love with you now than I was then... Imagine that...
Love, Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment