Thursday, May 17, 2012

Writing

Wow it's been a long time since I have written anything here. I feel bad...not because I think I have a huge audience expecting amazing prose from me daily...but because I really have been thinking about
writing a lot.

I love to write. I know I'm not very good at it and that many people may not even know that I do it...but I still love it.

If you know me in real life you know I'm awkward as all get out and that I put my foot in my mouth more often than not. You also know that I have a very small personal filter...and that usually is what makes me awkward... That and being extremely introverted while trying to act like I am extraverted.

When I write I don't feel the social pressure to be normal or to fit in. I can edit my words so they don't come across as harsh or intense. I fell free when looking at a blank page knowing I can fill it how I choose.

I love writing because it forces me to think long and hard before I push publish... I know my words cannot be taken back once out on the webs so I do better at filtering my thoughts and ideas.

I think sometimes I have so much to say that it all just gets jammed up inside and then when I meet up with a friend it just dumps out in an incoherent mess. Here in this place I can formulate my thoughts and organize them into sentences that can be understood and that are not overwhelming(at least that is my goal)

I also love to read-a lot-and writing often-or semi often-helps me feel more connected in a way to a literary world that captivates and feeds me.

Also there are these sweet little people in my life








and I really do not want to forget the small precious things they say and do. I want to record them and lock them down so that in the future when their wives ask me when they first tasted avocado I will remember that moment.

Those are some of my reasons for writing... What are yours?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment