Sunday, May 31, 2009

First time for everything

This weekend Owen vomited for the very first time in his entire 2.5 years of living. It was HORRIBLE!!!! Ok it could have probably been worse and we had a good run, but as someone who hates vomit so much that doing it myself makes me vomit more, it was pretty bad.

We were all on our way to Michael's Dads 6oth birthday party when we got lost and ended up going the "long way". This "long way" included a mountain with switch back turns and my son vomiting all over himself and his car seat.

If Michael hadn't been with us I don't know what I would have done( yes I do,I would have just left the car seat on the side of the road and let Owen sit in the front seat the whole way home). I almost threw up myself just listening to it. M cleaned everything and I tried to comfort Owen (after M took his spew clothes off). No one will ever know how much I adore and respect him and even more now than ever. Thanks sweets!

Thankfully it seems that Owen just had a combo of heat and motion sickness and not flu as the vomiting has not re-occurred and no fever was ever detected.

God definitely is good and watched over us all in our time of calamity and dis function.

No pictures of this event. I am planning on getting some up during the week tho :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you didn't get pictures!!!! Glad it was just car sickness and not the flu bug!

    ReplyDelete