Friday, October 8, 2010

Renovations

We have been a busy little family around these parts getting ready for #2. We decided that any thing that needed changing or organizing better get done before the baby gets here or it would be put off for at least a year(it takes me a while to "bounce back" after having a baby).

My dear friend Mrs. N came over and helped me to organize my basement-something that has been on every new years resolution list I have made since living here-and wow does it feel good. There are no before pics because I don't want to remember it that way. I only want to think of it this way. Which may not look awesome to you ...but is a beautiful sight to me!

To actually be happy to do laundry. I have not had a back up for 3 weeks!!


But most of all be able to say "yes of course!" when some one asks to see my basement(instead of "Ummm....probably not a safe plan").


We also re-purposed two rooms making the office the play room and the play room the office...which it was before it was the playroom... but its better than ever with a new set of book shelves in each room and a new desk for the office area.
The new office ( which is still being unpacked but is way more organized than the old one.



The new "play room"


I have also been busy in the kitchen, re-arranging some things and just getting a better system going for the future. I am using this shelf as an external pantry to free up space in my cupboards so I can actually see what I have in them.

Needless to say IKEA was our best friend while gathering shelves to make all these projects happen... gotta love something that really makes a difference on a very tight(non-existent) budget.

So-other than fighting a severe cold for a solid two weeks-that is what the deal has been around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment