Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Way It Really Is: Teething

I have recently realized that I don't often share much of the nitty gritty. I want this to be a place to share miles stones and hopes and fears but I also want to be real,to reflect the daily(or weekly) struggles and joys.
So here goes...

Henry is teething hard. I don't remember Owen ever having a hard time with birthing his teeth(he may have...but it was forever ago)so this is taking me off guard. I am not sure what to do with my cranky, drooling, crying, biting everything he sees little mess of a baby boy! We have given him the the natural tooth remedies and the cold biting toys...we have given him frozen veggies to eat we have even resorted to tylenol...nothing seems to help much. He was awake and in pain for two and a half hours last night. He even bit my breast in a moment of sheer frustration... which led me to take it out of his mouth and say a firm no. This led to a massive melt down on his part and a wave of guilt on mine...(I know telling him not to bite is the right thing) I just felt so bad for him.
Henry is already a needy sort but with the advent of working the top teeth down he spends almost all of his waking ours being held or actively entertained. Everyone does there part and even in his most pathetic moments he is so precious that none of us-not even Owen-can stay frustrated with his increased demands.
I'm just hoping for some good sleep for us all tonight.

A failed fall leaf photo due to said teething babe... Maybe next time


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Try Healthy Times brand Teething Biscuits. Josephine, the girl I watch, really loved them and they seemed to be little miracle workers??

    ReplyDelete