Friday, April 27, 2012

Owen 5.5

Dear Owen,
This week we went out walking a few times and we had a lot of  really good conversations... the first of these included you spotting theses shoes

you told me with no reservation that these were wedding shoes...you said "these are really perfect because of the jewels"... then you asked if you should buy them now to give to your wife on your wedding day. I almost let you because how sweet is that? I realized that we wont know her size of shoe until you meet her though so no shoes. I couldn't believe how thoughtful you have become...not to mention romantic!
The next day we walked again and this time you talked a lot about your house...the one you going to have when your married. This house is going to be bigger than the first united Methodist church in downtown Salem as we passed it you said "my house is going to be like that building...except bigger and taller it will have fountains in all 6 bathrooms and a large pool upstairs" "to keep all the kids quiet" I had to ask if  a life guard was going to keep them safe as well because drowning is not a great way to keep children from making noise. you said " its going to be a big pool momma with not very much water in it...not very full? you know so no one can die in there." I ask how many kids your having and you said "two the first time then one and then maybe two again" I said "twins? you want twins first then one baby then twins again?" and you said "actually I want ten twins...and like a hundred kids" I said "you wife is going to be one special lady to give you all those kids..." you said " not all at once momma they will come out at different times" as if to intimate that any woman even remotely interested in birthing ten sets of twins and a hundred other children would only be special if they all came out at once. I am of course laughing at this point and you ask why...I said "well I am just imagining you with a hundred kids in a pool"... you said "maybe just the ten twins actually"
yeah just the ten twins that is a little more manageable...

Owen you are funny and sweet and loving. You love your brother and soccer and dinosaurs. You love playing with toy guns and making really good shooting sounds. You want to be a scientist. When it is your turn to pick a movie on net flix you always choose an adult documentary about nature or dinosaurs or the way things work.


You also love ice cream...who doesn't?
I think you will make a fine papa and scientist someday. You make me smile. You are wonderful.
Love Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment