Friday, August 20, 2010

Letter to the Sprout

Dear tiny baby living inside my belly,
Having you on board has been a whole new experience for me. I have been sick, had about a million food aversions(ok lets face it I only like about 5 things to eat right now and everything else is out), I have this new uber sensitive gag reflex thats triggered by smells, seeing something undesireable, thinking about food I dont like, crying or coughing. My skin is plagued with teenage-esk acne, and my hair is not growing nearly as fast and glorious as I remember it growing last time. Basically this is the most opposite experience I could have from carrying your soon to be big brother around.

I don't mind though-I mean It is the last thing from fun-but feeling you move around in there and hearing your tiny little speedy heart beat makes it worth it. I know that you will be your very own person, that you wont be exactly like your brother, that you might not even be a boy...and I will love you who ever you are. You are already so very dear to me I am getting really excited to find out what kind of baby you will be. I know that I am in no way ready to be mother of two but I think it will grow on me and that its not something you can truly prepare for.

In just two or three weeks we will find out if you are a boy or a girl...we didn't do this with your brother...we waited until he was born... but with you I cant wait to know! So we will find out and give you a name and I will feel like I know you just a little bit more than I do today. Every one-except me-is convinced that you are a girl your G.G and Grammy and one good friend of mine even refer to you as a girl when they talk about you... soon we will see and we will all be excited no matter what!
That's pretty much all I have for you right now sprout. Keep growing and moving and I will see you soon.
Love Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment