Friday, July 13, 2012

Adventures in parenting




The other day I was in bed with a horrible migraine. Mg was home caring for the boys. They had just returned from swim lessons when mg came upstairs to bring me some ice tea.(I know I have a great husband)

Henry was crying at the bottom of the stairs and then all of the sudden he was screaming.

Mg rushed down stairs. Owen rushed up and said "papa said you need to get up now! Henry is
Bleeding from his mouth!"

I rushed down stairs...avoiding the urge to vomit...I looked in Henry's mouth and could see his teeth were not where they should be...

Owen had tried to help him over the baby gate and it obviously ended poorly.

After a really confusing runaround we ended up at a pediatric dentist that our dentist recommended.

He told us Hank's teeth will most likely heal. Because he is still so little they have a better chance of not dying... He will check them again in a couple weeks but thinks the chances are high that Henry will recover with nothing more than a a couple crooked baby teeth.

I feel pretty grateful that he doesn't need oral surgery at such a young age. Anesthesia is no fun for anyone least of all a 17 month old baby.

I am a little sad that his sweet teeth look funny...I loved his perfect little teeth and now they look a bit odd,but that's fine. He is fine. He is safe and he is still perfectly adorable.

I guess this is another good chance for me to praise the one who made him. For he is fearfully and wonderfully made...he is resilient and strong even at such a young age.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment