Friday, June 26, 2009

Eb⋅en⋅e⋅zer /ˌɛbəˈnizər/ [eb-uh-nee-zer] : Stone of help.


Owen Ebenezer Gay is my stone of help. In everyday tasks such as sweeping, watering plants, vaccuming, and cleaning up toys and books. But he is far more helpfull than he knows.

Before I became pregnant with Owen I was swimming in a sea of confusion and self indulgence. I did what I wanted whenever I pleased. I was trapped in debt and living like tomorrow would certainly never dawn. Full of despair and emptiness I needed some serious help.
When I found out I was Pregnant I re-dedicated my life to God remembering His unwavering love for me. I was broken and humbled, ashamed and amazed. How could I pull myself together? Why was I being given a child? God used it all to help me up.
My life has been far from perfect since but its good. I have a Good strong marriage to a great man. A home, Food to eat, a car to drive, and all of this on my husbands income so I can stay home with Owen.
Whenever I struggle with selfishness or anxiety about whether I can do this "parenting" thing I look at Owens face. There I see help (not necessarily from him) but working through him and definitely in his heart .



No comments:

Post a Comment