Friday, June 12, 2009

Sleepy Boy




Owen has really grown in the last few months. He says so many words now I have stopped counting, although he did call our cat Sunday annoying the other day which was new (wounder where he got that? ;)).
He expresses his opinions freely saying things like "i don't want to go there tday Mommy" and "my buckle my own seat belt myself" and the favorite " my hold Mommy's Hanny in the street and no cars eat you" he is in fact referring to himself when he says "no cars eat you" (hasn't quite got the concept of "you" and "me" yet). It's easy for me to start thinking of him as a little man.

The other day I needed to wake him from his nap ( which is very rare). I walked into his room and stood and watched as he lay peacefully dreaming. Seeing him so quiet and tranquil reminded me that he is still very small and innocent. Despite his leaps in cognition his constant movement and desire to be doing and going. He is far from wise and has only a fraction of the knowledge he will gain as a man. These days are so precious he is so vibrant and in love with life. I must remind myself to enjoy this moment while it lasts.
He is still a baby, if not for long, for now. And forever to me.


















No comments:

Post a Comment