Monday, June 15, 2009

Little freeway planner







































Owen has always been a great independent player.
I have been told that that is often not the case when you only have one child, but it is definitely the case with Owen and I feel very blessed.

The other day he constructed a highway on our window sill. I can still remember when he couldn't even see out of that window without a stool.

It is a joy watching him play with imagination. Pretending brings lots of his old and often forgotten toys back to life. Now in some form or another many of the castaways in his closet have regained favor.

I have always hated freeways. Driving on them makes me nervous and sometimes even panicky. Knowing now that he observes and re-creates what he see's while we drive along (the busy scary death track) makes me mind them so much less.

Who knows he may end up being a great civil engineer someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment