Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stick Hunt


Today Owen and I went on a stick hunt.We decided to go down the alleys. Our neighborhood is old and so the alleys are a charming detour from the side walks sometimes.This kid loves sticks... he loves them with a passion and since we don't allow them in the house any more(after that fateful incident with the smelly oil jar breaking)we have about 10 of them strewn about our yard and porch.

Today we went looking for sticks for me though. I am throwing a baby shower this weekend and needed a couple of small downed branches to help with decor.
It was a successful trip I got two small branches and Owen got one new stick.

I am super passionate about walking with him right now as you may have noticed so the point of the walk was only an excuse really to get out and enjoy his chatter for a while. Owen took it fairly seriously and brought me numerous sticks for inspection.

He told me today "Momma(I love that he still calls me momma)I really love alleys...I have always wanted to live in an alley they are really beautiful"
I feel like my heart will burst some days because of his complete earnestness. He is such a special little and I am a lucky momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment