Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This time

Pregnancy is a kind of weird thing. I feel like there are pregnant people and everyone else...pregnant girls all follow fairly similar rules that only apply to pregnant girls and when we are together we all huddle around and discuss the similarities and differences in our pregnancies.

I just keep marveling at the differences in my experiences with pregnancy. I mean everyone has a different experience but usually one persons experiences with multiple pregnancies are pretty similar...not mine.
I was never morning sick with Owen...this time I was sick enough to loose weight until week 16.
I was addicted to sugar in my first go round...this time I like sweets but can pass them up.
I gained 55 lbs while pregnant with the baby who weighed only 5.5lbs of that...this time I have gained 10lbs(granted we are not finished yet but I have a feeling we aren't gonna break 40 this time)...
I had no stretch marks with the first pregnancy and... this time I have about 7(not giants but they look like they could be runners).
I feel way more tired this time as well...probably because I am older and running around after #1 all the time.

Those are just the physical differences...the emotional stuff is different this time round too. I guess you would have to ask M.G-to be sure-but I feel way more stable and less all around moodiness.

Some things never change...getting up every couple hours to go to the bathroom at night,needing the water I drink-all day long-to be heavily iced,my face being a puffy pregnant chub fest,my need for pinto beans-and Mexican food in general-sky rocketing,loving the feeling of my baby kicking,stretching and possibly doing some wii sports inside of my womb(I think I felt a bowling ball in there with him the other night for sure!)
Over all I feel like this is a better experience. I have had a few more physical symptoms this time but the emotional stability wins it for me.

This probably isn't a super exciting post for others to read but I wanted it written out for my own records.


Me at 26.5 weeks

2 comments:

  1. I like how you captured you and M in the corner of your photo. I didn't know you during pg #1, but I feel ok in saying that you are much happier and less easily frazzled this go around. Praise the Lord! He has been sooo good to you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T! your a sweet friend to say so.

    ReplyDelete