Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Clean water

The other day all I could think about was water. How amazingly grateful I am to live I a place where there is clean fresh water! Where we daily have access to it.
We are a blessed people who get to wash our bodies, and dishes, and dirty clothes, all in the very cleanest of water.
I was pondering all of this at great length because I was sick with the stomach flu. And that day I was so thirsty I could hardly stand it. But for a while I couldn't keep even the smallest amount of water in my body. All I wanted to was go to the fridge(well send mg I was far to week for walking there) and get some cold water out of our Brita filter(double clean) and gulp the whole glass down.


But I could not. I had to show restraint and take tiny sips. I had to let ice melt in my mouth so I wouldn't drink too fast. I thought about how lucky I was to only have the problem that I had. That my only concern was showing some self control. That I have access to water all of the time and will probably never want for a clean drink. (Or ice chip)
I also thought of Jesus and the woman at the well(how could I not i was thirsty!)how he told her that if she would have asked Him for a drink He would give her living water. Living water. I'm really grateful for this as well. Because when sin-like the flu- makes me sick and I'm thirsty on the inside, in my heart, I can ask Jesus for a drink and He will fill me with his living water! His water will heal me instantly. This is crazy beautiful.
I am so grateful I can drink the water that has been freely pored out for me here. In this land and from my savior.
Check this out if your heart is thirsty today. It's crazy beautiful too.
Woman at the well
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment