Friday, November 9, 2012

Migraine update




Well I posted a while back about my migraines and how life with them is difficult...so I thought I would update a bit about how my treatment has been going.

I am currently still taking an anti seizure medication to help reduce the frequency of the migraines and that has helped quite a a bit. I am no longer getting them weekly! I do however still suffer from anywhere from 1-6 monthly. This is still a very large decrease and a huge blessing.

I was also for a while using a progesterone cream to help reduce some of the remaining headaches but the cream seamed to have some odd side effects for me emotionally so I am taking a break from that(which is a little scary because it seemed to be helping quite a lot).

In all honesty I have come to a place where coping with the migraines is easier and because they are less frequent I feel way less burdened by them. Also I have been made aware of an allergy to acetaminophen in the process which is super helpful. Plus another major bonus...the anti seizure medication has had a nice side effect of helping me in loosing some extra weight which I have always struggled to do in all my healthy endeavors.


So all in all I can see the Lords hand through this suffering. How He has used a painful thing to bring me something good. Isn't that just like Him? To give us gifts where we least expect?

So that is where I'm at with migraines. Better than before... Still enduring a while longer and seeing Jesus in the midst. Not a terrible place.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment