Friday, February 12, 2010

Gluten update

I realize now that I never really missed eating gluten its self, I mostly miss the convenience and cheapness of gluten products. Most gluten free products are either expensive, hard to find or take time and trial to make and perfect.
I never expected to be able to tolerate gluten during this time of testing but I had however forgotten how miserable my life had been when I ate this way all the time.

So I am happy to be back on the wagon. I love the variety of grains that I get to experiment with and the different flavors and textures they provide. In many cases I now prefer gluten free options to glutenous ones which came as a huge surprise to me.

This experience was good for me in lots of ways. The biggest one is that I really don't feel deprived anymore or left out, I realize that I may have to eat a little different but I like the foods I get to eat and enjoy the challenge of re-creating the ones I can't.
I will find out next week if I have Celiac's and will let you all know either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment