Monday, February 22, 2010

Personal Challenge

I recently challenged myself (its on my list) to be able to run 3 miles with out stopping to walk. At first I thought this would be one of the challenges I would "get around to at some point" (meaning never). But I did get a gym membership and I did start to go on a bi-weekly basis.

As usual I lost steam again and I really felt like I would never be able to have enough self discipline to get out there and really be committed to working out. Then on top of not having the motivation to go to the gym, last week we had a little crisis which made me realize that our budget could no longer support a gym membership anymore. I just felt completely done for.

Then I read John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

So... I asked for the strength to run, to run on the streets of my neighborhood (which are kinda scary). To run for my health and my sanity. I asked for the energy and the motivation to get out there rain or shine. 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I asked for a lot. I asked that once again He would show me the power of His promises. I knew right then I would be able to do it. And I did!


Week 1 Run #4!!!


All glory be to Him for the truth of His word, and for His love for me and my little life.

No comments:

Post a Comment