Friday, November 18, 2011

Emails from mom

Here are the last of the emails from moms house! This has been a wild 2 weeks!

Email 10: coffee ... Again
Last night I had forgotten to dump the little bit of coffee that was left... He drank it at 7pm! I told him not to but he wasn't having it. So I told him if he stayed up late no Whistling!
He also try's to tell me he can go one night with out pills every night!
His routine is messed up. But I can't do things exactly the same way you do... We can't eat back there with him because we have kids and jeopardy is on at their bed times so we don't usually get to watch that either. He eats with us sometimes tho. Also I make him fix his own coffee because I can't serve him everything while doing the kids and dogs.
Plus he is always trying to touch/hug/rub my back! All the time... I no likey! I actually just backed out of one now!
I'm sure he will be grateful when you get home :)
Love you
Dana
Sent from my iPhone

Email 11: touching
So I finally had to tell gramps That I'm not super comfortable with physical touch... He is constantly trying to touch me in some way,shape,or form and I had to put my foot down today! Sheesh! I had to pry him off of my shoulders!! then I just told him. He is all moody about it now. I said it nicely. I said " gramps I love you but I'm just not a huge fan of physical affection." he said I'm weird And kept trying to hug me and saying he would stop touching me... ... ...?!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone

Email 12: return& re- return
hi honey,

I haven't heard from you for a day or so - hope you are still speaking to me!! just kidding, I hope! we had a nice tour of Milan today, about 4 hours this morning, ending with seeing The Last Supper. it is sunny here but VERY COLD. reminds me of when Lindy and I came to "pick you up" in Firenze. we leave the hotel at 3 am to get to the airport (which is about 45 min. drive) and do all the fall-de-rall there. The hotel here is packing us "breakfast bags" since we will miss the nice breakfast here. Did Michael get the info. about our return flight that Devon sent him when we left? tell him we appreciate him picking us up. The flight is a Delta fligth coming from Amsterdam. It gets in around 11:15 am saturday the 19th. He can just drive us to Devon's house - our car is there. You could ask Janet to stay with Dad until we get home rather than have him drive up with Michael. I will check email again tomorrow maybe before we get on the airplane. It is 5:20 pm here on Friday right now, so for you that would be 8:20 am on Friday.

Love you!
Mom
I have presents. You should come over on Sunday to get them!

Me:
Oh things have settled down here a bit is all... Gramps is still doing his usual things but I'm getting used to them. Except when he kissed me on the check! That was NOT welcomed.
I'm making a squash soup for you to have tomorrow for dinner. And have already asked Janet to come to sit with gramps. She said she would sweep and mop and vacuum too! Going to get your packages today and will put marks gifts under your bed side and any Christmas gifts in grams closet.
Hope your journey is smooth on the way home. Mg knows to pick you up :)
Miss you tons!
I like presents!!
Dana

Sent from my iPhone

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment