Monday, January 30, 2012

Running again

So I took up Running(if you can call the pace at which I jog running)again. It is hard...not as hard as I remembered but difficult all the same. I am actually training for a real race this time...not normally my thing but I was promised breakfast with MG and some awesome friends...plus it seemed like a good motivator. I will be running the shortest length of the race the 5k...and will probably still be coming into the finish at the same time as everyone else. so that should work out great...I run S.L.O.W. and I'm cool with it.

Today I was out there doing my thing with the kids in the double stroller and I realized how much I love and hate running at the same time... It is so hard to make my tired body move and stretch in ways it feels to old and too stiff to move. Yet it feels good...really good... to get out there and feel the fresh crisp air hitting my face and filling my lungs.

I love the feeling of wanting to stop but pushing myself forward. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I finish and I ran more than I thought I could. I love knowing that running is no longer the hardest thing(physically) that my body has done. I love to be able to say "this isn't as hard as birthing was" when it gets tough(it does at some point every run)and then laughing at myself for thinking it every time.

I love that the pleasure and pain signals are somehow bond together in this process and that even when it hurts it still somehow oddly feels great. I love that even tho I am not fast and my stride is not perfect people still always smile at me and my large stroller as we run by. I love smiling and waving back...running is a friendly sport. I mostly love the release of-whatever it is-that gives me energy and steels me for my day. I hate feeling sore but love what the soreness means. I hate competition but love pushing myself. I love that running is an individual sport and that I don't have the opportunity to let any team down while I'm doing it...its just me out there...me and my dorky music and my sweet boys in the strolly.
MG says that humans were designed to run...that it is natural for us to want to do it.
I believe it. I crave it and I am happy that I have legs that work for running.

I love to run...or jog... or whatever it is you can call what I do at the funny slow pace I do it.
Thanks for welcoming me back streets...I am happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment