Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring is upon us once again

In the few days between flu's we went down to the Salem Capitol Mall and walked around to see all of the pretty cherry trees in bloom.


We take pictures here every year

Owen in his super rock star sun glasses on a cloudy day.

It signifies the beginning of spring for me when the cherry trees start blooming on The Capitol Mall.

M.G and I like to take the pictures where one of us holds the camera... it's a good angle for me.

Owen has been really into getting his picture taken lately which is a nice change.

I think he is a very handsome young lad

I love how affectionate he his now. He tells me all the time "I am so glad your here momma" and is always ready to give me a love.

I don't know why but I LOVE the cherry blossoms maybe because they are so delicate and they smell so sweet. Maybe it's how the smooth pink flowers contrast against the knotted brown trunk of the tree.

I love how they fall to the ground in individual petals and cover the dark gray pavement with their soft icy pink blanket that moves and shifts in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment