Monday, March 8, 2010

Running week 3

OK its going to sound like I haven't been keeping up on my goal to run 4 times a week... because...well I haven't.

I decided that 3 times a week is a much more manageable number but if the opportunity presents itself I will do 4.

Also the old injury in my ankle is a persistent issue even with the use of the brace I feel the pain after each run.

That all being said, I made it out three times last week but only ran twice.

The second run of the week was by far the best I have done in years, 2.5 miles in 30 minutes flat! OK so not fast... at all. But hey 2.5 miles all run no walk...I will take it and sing at the top of my lungs about it!

On my third time out my ankle was so extremely sore from the previous days victory run that I had to walk. I went with a good friend who also had an injury she was nursing so we did three miles of walking plus the 2 miles I walked to get to her house and back (4.5-5 miles total).

All in all not a shabby week. I will be hitting the road again tomorrow afternoon if all goes according to plan (today I was down with some stomach issues).

No comments:

Post a Comment