Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Afternoon delight

Some afternoons just call for a little treat



Oh delicious Gluten Free brownies how I love and appreciate you.
These are Bobs red mill GF brownie mix brownies. I added the chocolate cream cheese frosting to them because I love frosting and it makes everything even more amazing.



To make:
~One package Bob's Red Mill brownie mix (available at life source and Fred's-for those of us here in Salem- or whole foods for everyone else)
~Instead of using a large rectangular pan I use a small square one. this makes the brownies more cake like ( which is good for frosting)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
~One 8 ounce package cream cheese
~One stick butter
~One average size bag of confectioners sugar
~1/4-1/2 cup cocoa powder
~1 tsp vanilla
Cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and as fluffy as possible
add the sugar small amounts at a time
when sugar is incorporated add cocoa and vanilla
* if you need to you can use a little milk to thin out the frosting.
ad sugar
** Sorry about the measurements being a bit vague I made this up myself and I never measure any of it... so you can play around with the amounts of things and make it your own.
***This is a great cream cheese frosting too just omit the cocoa and there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment