Monday, March 1, 2010

Running week 2

To ease the aching swelling ankle.


This week I only mad e it out 3 times. I wanted to hit the road again yesterday but an old ankle injury has flared up and I am still breaking in my new brace. I am going to have to wear the brace every time I go out form now on so I don't hurt myself any more than I already did.

I originally was using this couch to 5k method that works really well to get you into the swing of things. Then one day last week I wanted to see how far I could go if I didn't stop to walk after 90 seconds. So I just kept running. I ran for 25 minutes! So now I am running to certain distance points to see how far I can makes it with out stopping.

I have been really enjoying the outdoors and remembering the old days- before Owen- when I used to run all the time. Now I have the best of both worlds awesome kid in the bright green monster(stroller) and the great outdoors expanding in front of me as my feet once again hit the familiar pavements of Salem Or

No comments:

Post a Comment